The success of a project relies on a tightly disciplined project management process. Below is an in-depth look into what you can expect when working with us.
This is when we define the project scope by listening to your needs, vision, and aspirations for your home. We will discuss your lifestyle, color and stylistic preferences, family needs, art collections, notable heirlooms, and any other elements of interest. We will also coordinate with the project team (architect, contractor, lighting designer, landscape designer) to determine how the team will collaborate to meet your project goals.
- General agreement
- Programming surveys
- Construction scope of work
- Design fee budgets
- Project presentation schedule
- Project statement or work authorization
Schematic Design/Design Development
This is when our creativity goes to work! We will assemble everything we’ve learned about you and translate it into design concepts.
- Floor plans and furniture layouts
- Material, finish and fixture selections
- Furniture budget
- Meeting agendas
- Meeting notes
Once the design is approved, we document your decisions to a high level of detail. This ensures that the team and our vendors have all the information they need to complete their job on time.
- Construction documents (CDs)
- Schedules and specifications
- Worksheets and Proposals (for merchandise)
Construction Administration (CA)/Procurement
During this phase, we will be in constant contact with the project team and our vendors, tracking progress every step of the way. We pride ourselves on our quick response time and availability to solve any problems that arise.
- Proposals and purchase orders for merchandise
- Shop drawings and requests for information (RFIs)
- Strike offs and submittals
- Merchandise inspections
- Contractor punch list
The big day has arrived! Your new home will come to life as furnishings, rugs, drapery, artwork and accessories are installed. We will not leave until you are 100% satisfied with the look and feel of your home.
- Furniture installation
- Provision kitchen, bath and bedrooms as needed
- Owner/ScavulloDesign walk through
- Furniture punch list
Project Close Out
Approximately three months after installation, we will finalize the project and give you assets to assist with the ongoing care and maintenance of your new home.
- Copy of CDs, specifications and/or furniture binders to client
- Care & maintenance binder to client
- Final invoices
- Return balance of client retainer