How Can We Help?
San Francisco, CA 94103
Interior Designer/Project Manager
ScavulloDesign is seeking a seasoned residential Interior Designer/Project Manager with 3–5 years in a Designer role to immediately have primary design responsibility and work closely with the Principle on a regular basis.
The Interior Designer/Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the design process from concept through installation, for helping establish and monitor project budget and schedule, for guiding junior design staff, and for establishing and maintaining good vendor relationships.
This position requires a candidate with a strong track record of managing all phases of multiple high-end, residential design projects and ensuring client satisfaction, while overseeing quality control and project financial performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Possesses a high level of experience with multiple project management
- Work closely with Principle on conceptual designs and throughout design development
- Handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with minor supervision
- Utilize VectorWorks to develop construction drawings, furniture layouts and lighting design. Develop custom details.
- Generate and distribute written documentation as necessary to thoroughly record the issues surrounding all assigned projects
- Prepare and update project descriptions, budgets and schedules
- Review shop drawings
- Review consultants’ work for conformity and design intent
- Source and select interior finishes, fixtures, furnishings, fabrics, lighting, hardware, floor covering, window treatments and accessories.
- Prepare client presentations
- Lead project review meetings
- Manage the daily workflow of junior staff and provide regular project status updates to the Studio Manager
- Maintain continual two-way communication with principals and project team regarding project details
- Attend regularly scheduled project meetings. Visit job site and travel as necessary to complete project tasks. Must own or have sole access to a reliable car. Mileage is reimbursed
- Communicate regularly with General Contractor and Studio
- Implement our firm’s procurement standards
- Coordinate and execute project installations, photo shoots, etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3—5 years of experience in Designer role in a residential design firm
- 2 years management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, or equivalent
- High level of experience with multiple project management
- Possess skills to effectively direct, delegate and motivate team
- Must have strong technical skills and be highly skilled with construction documents, hand drawing, drafting in VectorWorks (or equal), MS Office Suite (especially Outlook and Excel). Other software a plus: Design Manager, Studio Designer, Photoshop, SketchUp, 3-D rendering program
- Highly experienced with creating, redlining, and submitting Construction Documents and cabinetry shop drawings
- Custom detailing for architectural materials (cabinetry, tile/stone, and furniture) and soft goods (pillows, drapery, bedding)
- Strong Knowledge of materials, applications, and construction
- Working knowledge of upholstery, drapery and furniture fabrication
- Familiar with transitional and contemporary design styles
- Takes initiative to propose multiple solutions rather than immediately seeking guidance
- In-depth knowledge of local and online showrooms and resources (knowledge of LA and NYC resources a plus)
- Strong time management skills a must
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Must be highly organized and care about everything being in the right place
- Ability to work in a close team environment, while interacting and working effectively with architects, contractors, clients, vendors, fabricators in a professional and assertive manner
- Able to communicate effectively, positively, and productively with staff and colleagues. Demonstrated competency to manage workflow of junior designers, design assistants, and interns
- Must have a can-do attitude with strong problem solving skills.
ScavulloDesign delivers outstanding design and top-notch client service in a fun, supportive, dynamic, engaging environment. Salary is competitive, based on qualifications. The benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off, 401K matching, health, and dental insurances and incentive bonus.
This is a tremendous opportunity for Growth, Expansion, Expression, Satisfaction and Success.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by e-mail (PDF files only). Please, no calls or hard copies.
Interior Design Assistant
ScavulloDesign is seeking a capable and highly motivated Interior Design Assistant with 2+ years of experience at a design or architecture firm. Experience with furnishings and interior architecture. This position requires a candidate who is highly organized, attentive to details, self-motivated, has a can-do attitude, is efficient, articulate, passionate, and is able to multi-task.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Under the direction of the Principal and Senior designers:
- Assist the designers/Principal on projects in various stages of development as needed.
- Project organization and administration—meeting notes / calendars / follow up on action items
- Request information and quotes from vendors, create worksheets, expediting orders, maintain status reports.
- Drafting floor plans, elevations, furniture plans, and renderings
- Prepare specification schedules
- Sourcing and Researching products, finishes/materials, fabrics, furniture, etc.
- Project errands such as picking up and returning samples
- Assist with preparing client presentations and image sheets.
Administration / Studio Coordination
- Assist Principal and Designers with administrative aspects of projects including typing up meeting notes & project filing, and data entry of timesheets for the Principal.
- Maintain project binders.
- Monitor and enter appointments into Principal’s calendar and update Studio’s calendars weekly
- Maintain office library, help keep the studio organized, and monitor office supplies as needed
- Other administrative duties as required
Experience & requirements:
- A minimum of two years of experience in the interior design/architecture field
- Bachelor’s Degree (or working on a degree) in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, or equivalent
- Proficiency with software & technical skills: VectorWorks (or equal CAD), MS Office Suite (especially Outlook, Powerpoint, and Excel). Other software a plus: Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), SketchUp, other 3-D rendering program. Hand Rendering skills also a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to take direction
- Must be organized, efficient and enjoy working with a team as well as work independently
- Team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Flexibility, resourcefulness & dependability
- Confidence and assertiveness
Must have access to a reliable car, valid driver’s license, and insurance. Mileage is reimbursed.
ScavulloDesign delivers outstanding design, top-notch client service in a fun, supportive, dynamic, engaging office environment. Salaried position with benefits (The benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off, 401K match, health, and dental insurances and incentive bonus.) This is a tremendous opportunity for Growth, Expansion, Expression, Satisfaction and Success.
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary history, portfolio/work samples via email. No calls, please.
For Future Consideration
We frequently have opportunities for positions to fill, so please send your resume to email@example.com Attach only PDF documents. No hard copies or phone calls, please.
Sign up for our newsletter