How Can We Help?
San Francisco, CA 94103
Interior Designer — Full- or Part-Time
ScavulloDesign is a high-end interior design firm, specializing in residential interior design and architecture. We are committed to thoughtfully creating interiors that tell a story, encourage well—being, and tell the story of our clients. We do this through collaboration, connection, imagination and a lot of heart.
We are seeking an A+ go-getter Designer for 24–30 hours/week. Is that you? You are a seasoned residential Interior Designer/Project Manager with a minimum of 5 years in a Designer role who would immediately have primary design responsibility and work closely with the Principals of the firm. The Interior Designer is responsible for all aspects of the design process from concept through installation, for helping establish and monitor project budget and schedule and for establishing and maintaining good vendor relationships. This position requires a candidate with a strong track record of managing all phases of multiple high-end, residential design projects and ensuring client satisfaction, while overseeing quality control and project financial performance.
The successful candidate is open to learning and to jumping into whatever comes up; has opinions and is not afraid to voice them; is a skilled problem solver; works well with others and knows when to push to get the job done!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Principal on conceptual designs and throughout design development
- Handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with minor supervision
- Utilize AutoCAD or VectorWorks to develop construction drawings, furniture layouts and lighting design.
- Develop custom details
- Generate and distribute written documentation as necessary to thoroughly record the issues surrounding all assigned projects
- Prepare and update project descriptions, budgets and schedules
- Review shop drawings
- Review consultants’ work for conformity and design intent
- Source and select interior finishes, fixtures, furnishings, fabrics, lighting, hardware, floor covering, window treatments and accessories
- Prepare client presentations
- Lead project review meetings
- Provide regular project status updates to Principals
- Maintain continual two-way communication with principals and project team
- Attend regularly scheduled project meetings. Visit job site and travel as necessary to complete project tasks. Must own or have sole access to a reliable car. Mileage is reimbursed
- Create merchandise proposals, track orders and conduct inspections
- Coordinate and execute project installations, photo shoots, etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Designer role in a residential design firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, or equivalent
- Must have strong technical skills and be highly skilled with construction documents, drafting in AutoCAD or VectorWorks, MS Office Suite (especially Outlook and Excel). Other software a plus: Photoshop, SketchUp, 3-D rendering
- Experienced with creating, redlining, and submitting Construction Documents and cabinetry shop drawings
- Custom detailing for architectural materials (cabinetry, tile/stone, and furniture) and soft goods (pillows, drapery, bedding)
- Knowledge of materials, applications, and construction
- Working knowledge of upholstery, drapery and furniture fabrication
- Familiar with transitional and contemporary design styles
- Takes initiative to propose multiple solutions rather than immediately seeking guidance
- In-depth knowledge of local and online showrooms and resources
- Strong time management skills a must
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Must be highly organized and care about everything being in the right place
- Ability to work in a close team environment, while interacting and working effectively with architects, contractors, clients, vendors, fabricators in a professional and assertive manner
- Able to communicate effectively, positively, and productively with staff and colleagues.
- Must have a can-do attitude with strong problem-solving skills.
Our firm delivers outstanding design and top-notch client service in a fun, supportive, dynamic, engaging environment. We are an established firm with new ownership, making this an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and co-create with us! Hourly rate is based on qualifications.
Please submit resume, cover letter stating why you are a good fit, portfolio/work samples via email. Reference “Interior Designer Position” on the subject line. No calls please.
Interior Design Internship
ScavulloDesign is a high-end interior design firm, specializing in residential interior design and architecture. We are committed to thoughtfully creating interiors that tell a story, encourage well-being, and tell the story of our clients. We do this through collaboration, connection, imagination and a lot of heart.
This paid internship is part-time, 16 to 20 hours per week (within a regular M-F work week). We will be flexible to help establish a regular work schedule that dovetails with your class and study commitments. A car or membership in Zip Car or City Car Share is required.
The position involves supporting the Studio with both Furnishings and Interior Architecture. It provides a great opportunity to learn about design resources and familiarize yourself with the diverse community of fine craftsmen in the Bay Area.
The position is ideal for a student who has completed a portion of their design degree program. The ideal candidate will be organized, resourceful, self-directed, personally responsible and responsive.
You will work directly with the Principals and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Organization and maintenance of the design library
- Ordering and returning showroom samples
- Helping prepare for client presentations
- Designer support at project installations
- Maintaining and updating project files
- General various office tasks as required
- Organization skills and willingness to jump in and do what is needed
- Good problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with CAD or Vectorworks a plus
- Sketchup, Photoshop a plus
- Prior experience in the industry (showroom, vendor, design firm) a big plus!
- Looking for a go-getter! Is that you?
ScavulloDesign is a well-established firm under new ownership so this is a chance to grow with us. Our projects consist of high-end residential new construction, major renovations and furnishings projects.
Please email cover letter, résumé and work samples. No calls please.
For Future Consideration
We frequently have opportunities for positions to fill, so please send your resume to email@example.com Attach only PDF documents. No hard copies or phone calls, please.
Sign up for our newsletter